TRIP TYPE: FAMILY
IDEAL TRIP LENGTH: 7-10 DAYS
TO & FROM
Southwest Airlines: OAK-HOU-Belize City--easy peasy!
Inner island travel on Tropic Air from Maya Flats ( in Jungle) to San Pedro. A 30 min flight - gorgeous scenery.
- The Lodge at Chaa Creek (Couldn't get in but was out first choice. Stayed at all the others!)
- DuPlooys Jungle Lodge
- Ramon's Village Resort
- Victoria House
EAT & DRINK
- ATV cave tour/ highlight of entire trip! A must for kids and adults who love the thrill of adventure, are strong swimmers and like the dark! Truly felt like an episode of Survivor!
- Mayan ruins - amazing history. Xunantunich (Stone Lady)
- Snorkel or dive the Barrier Reef
- Fishing at Victoria House. They will cook up your fresh catch for dinner.
- You are traveling in a third world country - be mindful of your belongings.
- Make dinner reservations during peak travel times and be prepared for some waiting while dining in San Pedro- service is on Island time.
- Be aware the reef can get crowded with many snorkels and divers during peak travel times.
- The Chicken Drop is a touristy, alcohol fueled event. I felt bad for the chicken!!