More about Your Oliver Guide: Courtney Leary
Trip Type: Couples Getaway
Ideal trip length: A long weekend
To and From
Fly into Santa Barbara directly if you can. The airport is small and manageable-- a breath of fresh air! For the weekend, a car is not necessary, but for any longer you will want a car. Other option is to fly into LA airpots and drive about 2 hours north.
There is no better spot to stay than the Four Seasons Biltmore. The location, across the street from the beach, is perfect and the rooms cozy and quiet. Most importantly, when staying at The Four Seasons you will have access to the Coral Casino Beach Club. Make sure when you are booking your room you guarantee access, there have been rumors of this discontinuing.
San Ysidro Ranch is absolutely beautiful and famous for its grounds, service and food--however, it is up in the hills, far from the water so we have never chosen to stay here. With that said, it can be quite a bit warmer there, so something to consider if you go to Santa Barbara in the Spring, early Summer or late Fall.
Eat & Drink
- Ty Lounge at the Four Seasons : After your check-in stop at the bar for a glass of champagne or any drink that suits your fancy.
- Tydes at The Coral Casino: Amazing seafood and a fun atmosphere on weekends. You eat overlooking the beach. Order the scallops cooked on rocks if they are on the menu—amazing!
- Lucky’s: A trip to Montecito would not be complete without a meal here—a traditional steakhouse with lots of other options.
- Plow & Angel andThe Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch are both beautiful and delicious. From the Four Seasons, you will need to cab or drive but well worth it. The Plow & Angel is cozy and casual. The Stonehouse is more formal and truthfully we have never had a meal here—always opting for the latter- but it is well known around the world.
- Jeannines Restaurant and Bakery: The best spot in town for breakfast.
- Sakana Sushi: Located in a strip mall but if sushi calls, this is the place to go. The fish is good and the rolls are creative.
- Tre Luna: Our favorite old school Italian place. Last time we were here Carol Burnett was at the table next to us.
- The Honor Bar: The new IT place for drinks and casual dinner. The scene here around happy hour can’t be beat.
- Sit poolside at the Coral Casino Beach Club with your book and your love.
- Swim laps in the Coral Casino pool. Even if you are not a swimmer this almost Olympic length pool ON THE OCEAN will make you feel like Micheal Phelps. And then sit in the hot tub and take in the view when you are done.
- Run along the bike path to downtown Santa Barbara and back... gorgeous views, happy people and perfect running weather.
- Mountain Bike: The concierge can arrange a bike rental for you and point you in the direction of great trails.
- Hike: In the same direction as the mountain bike trails are great trails for hiking.
- Shop: Montecito has so many cute boutiques! Some favorite women's clothing and home stores worth hitting up: Angel, Maison K, Wendy Foster Sportswear, Jenni Kayne, Upstairs at Peirre Lafond, Cos Bar Montecito.
- There is coastal fog in Montecito that usually burns off by mid morning.... however, sometimes it does not. June is known to be one of the worst months for fog.