More about Your Oliver Guide: Katie Cranis
Trip Type: Adults Only
IDEAL LENGTH OF TRIP: 3 days
TO & FROM
- SFO - PSP on Virgin America. Renting a car is as easy as taking an Uber most places. Do whatever you are most comfortable with. The airport is 15-20 mins to most places in Palm Springs.
EAT & DRINK
- Workshop Kitchen + Bar: Amazing Craft cocktails (the M-80 is my favorite) and a just as delicious dinner menu.
- Birba: Casual patio, great pizzas!
- Cheekys: Great for Brunch- They don't take reservations and there is always a line so get there early. Try the Bacon Flight.
- Las Casuelas Terraza: Mexican- Make sure to sit on outside patio near the music.
- Bar: Yes, it is called Bar. After dinner drinks and more.
- Shopping on Palm Canyon: Lots of fun vintage shops as well as new ones such as Trina Turk. Make sure to stop by, The Frippery, for your vintage caftan- a palm springs must wear.
- Hiking: There are so many amazing hikes within minutes of any hotel/home in P.S. One great one is Murray Canyon trail to Seven Falls.
- Modern Home Tours: If you love modernist architecture Palm Springs is full of it!
The Coachella Valley is made up of many desert cities. Don't make the mistake of staying in Palm Desert thinking you will be close to Palm Springs. It is a 20-30 minute drive. La Quinta (think family vacation) is 45 minutes from Palm Springs. (Look for that on Oliver another day--coming soon!!).
- The Tramway: While I did love the ride up and the ride down, I don't think it was worth the overall trip. It was SO cold at the top that we could not adventure out to see anything. If you go to P.S. with your full Tahoe attire, then by all means it would be worth the trip. But, I say skip it.
- Village Fest (The Thursday night street fair): Just don't do it.