More about your oliver guide: Matt Nemer
TRIP Type: Family winter & summer
IDEAL LENGTH OF TRIP: Great for a 3 day weekend or a month long stay
TO & FROM
- Fly direct into Aspen Airport on United. From baggage claim to the slopes in 10 minutes! No need to rent a car, Apsen has a great bus system.
EAT & DRINK
- Matsuhisa (aka Nobu)
- Cache Cache (big night out)
- Grey Lady (east coast seafood)
- Jimmy's (best Margaritas)
- Justice Snow (bespoke cocktails)
- White House Tavern (lunch)
- Steakhouse No. 316
- Casa Tua (sneak into the private club upstairs!)
- Caribou Club (private club)
- CP Burger (great for kids)
- Ajax Tavern (Apres)
- J-Bar (Burgers and beer)
- Campo De Fiori
- Hike the Maroon Bells.
- Drive up Independence Pass to the Continental Divide.
- Gold medal fly fishing on the Frying Pan River near Basalt.
- Take the Silver Queen Gondola to the top of Aspen for live music and games.
- Snowmass Rodeo (44th year!)
- Bike to Woody Creek Tavern for lunch (take the bus back).
- Summer events - Food & Wine, 4th of JulyParade, Aspen Ideas Festival.
- Music at the Belly Up
- Aspen Recreation Center (climbing wall, swimming, hockey rink)
- Aspen Art Museum
- World class shopping
- Matsuhisa - eat at the bar with Jimmy, or in the upstairs lounge.
- Aspen Highlands doesn't have lift lines.
- Caribou Club is private club but your concierge can get you a dinner reservation or 1 week membership.
- Hickory House BBQ