More about Your Oliver Guide: Julie de Halleux
Trip Type: Family
Ideal Length: 5 days
To & From
By plane, Lisbon airport is only 20 minutes from the centre. Better not to rent a car if you say in the city, rely on Uber or taxis.
- Memo Principe Real - in the heart of the trendy part of the city, quite, trendy, nice terrasse and views, delicious restaurant.
- Memo Alfama - wonderful terrasse to drink a cocktail during sunset, in the centre of charming Alfama neighborhood, close to the Sao George Castle.
- Santa Clara 1728 : beautiful guest house designed by the famous Aires Mateus architects.
SHORT TERM RENTAL:
EAT & DRINK
- A Cevicheria by chef Kiko : best ceviche ever! Go very early since they have a no booking policy and it is quite small ! Try the pisco sour...just one !
- Os Gazeteiros : small trendy understated delicious gastro pub, from farm to table. My favorite ! Not yet in the guides !!
- Topo: on top of a Chinese shopping mall, surprising.
- O park : best cocktails bar on the rooftop of a parking lot..crowded in the summer !
- Punto Final : If you want to cross the Tagus by boat don't miss Punto Final traditional fisherman's tasca. Be there for sunset - the view on the city is fabulous.
- Mercado da Ribeira : food market concept created by Timeout... a must !
- Go walking/jogging/bicycling along the Tagus and don't miss to walk on the roof of the MAAT.
- The electricity museum close by is a good option with kids.
- Take a surf bus to go surfing in Caparica.
- Enjoy the shadow of the Botanical Garden in Principe Real. Then go shopping in the various nice concept stores around.
- Don't miss the Great Aquarium at Expo if you travel with kids, and enjoy the views up in the cable cars with them.
- Get a tour guide in a tuk tuk and/or go watching the graffitis walls (there are also tours organized).
- Gulbenkian and CCB collections are a must.