Austin, Texas (Coti Woodhead)
- More about your oliver guide: Coti Woodhead
- Trip type: Adult, City
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: THREE DAYS
to & from
- Fly into Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
- Staying downtown use ride share options
- Traveling to the Hill Country rent a car
Where to Stay
- Hotel Saint Cecilia - South Congress - Secluded boutique hotel in the heart of the SOCO neighborhood
- JW Marriott - Downtown - Upscale hotel
- The Driskill - Downtown - Historic Downtown Hotel - Haunted
Where to Eat and Drink
- Perla's Seafood & Oyster Bar - Great patio for people watching. Drinks are extra delicious! Great brunch spot.
- Uchi - Order a little bit of everything.
- Lenoir - Menu changes - Try the rose
- Stubb's BBQ - Everything!
What to Do
- Lake Austin Spa Resort - Plan on spending several hours here even if you aren't staying at the resort.
- Lady Bird Lake Trail - hike, run, paddle board, boardwalk
- Blanton Museum of Art
- ACL Live - attend a music concert
- Check out 4th/5th Street Nightlife
- Shop: South Congress and 2nd Street
- Austin hosts many music festivals, try attend during one of those times.
- Make reservations ahead of time.
- No Uber, use Fare or Ride!
- Jen Blackwood, one of our favorite stylists has put together a perfect packing list! Click here!
- The Bats under Congress Bridge
- Over 30, skip 6th Street bar scene
- Food Trucks
Looking for a tween’s take on Austin, check out Addie Leary’s guide here!
Like margaritas? Local, Tory Wortham Austin guide will steer you in the right direction!