Austin is a great place to visit cousins, shop, eat and take a break from your brothers!
- More about your oliver guide: Addie Leary
- Trip type: Family, City
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: 4-5 days
to & from
- Southwest Airlines- Easy and non-stop flights are the best.
Where to Stay
- Archer Hotel near the Domain- Amazing service, breakfast, full restaurant, great rooms with nice beds, pool (in summer). Right across the street from Sprinkles Cupcakes and Starbucks.
Where to Eat and Drink
- Flower Girl- SUPER healthy (salads, bowls, wraps, etc.).All organic, cute easy atmosphere. Better for adults and older kids.
- Culinary Dropout- American style food, lots of options including awesome salads and kids menu. Tons of outdoor games (ping pong, corn hole...) for kids (and adults) to play.
- South Congress Cafe- Great food and service. Good for all ages. Fun brunch scene. Expect to wait on the weekends. The burger was fantastic.
- Whole Foods in the Domain-For ANYTHING you could want. It's huge. Adults can drink beer while they grocery shop. Full juice bar and brewery in the store. Tons of grab and go options including a Ramen bar.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes-- legendary cupcakes and great ice cream too!
What to Do
- Explore the Domain Area- Tons of shopping, restaurants, and more. Highlights include Erin Condren, a great place to create your own planner, Athleta (athletic wear). Lush (yummy bath and beauty products) fun to browse.
- Visit Allen's Boots- Authentic cowboy boots and hats from Texas. Great to explore and look at.
- Shop on South Congress- Authentic Texas shops and restaurants. Great for gifts to bring home to Texas to friends and family.
- Be prepared for all types of weather-- temperatures vary greatly in short amounts of time. In the three days we were there it went from 42 degrees to 75 degrees!
- Saint Bernard in the Domain is an amazing source for ski wear and vacation clothing. You would never guess this town so far from the mountains and the beaches would have such a great selection!