Spas, spas, spas - Meadowood recently won the “Best New Spa & Wellness Property
- More about your oliver guide: Courtney Gerlich
- Trip type: Adult
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: AS LONG AS YOU CAN GO.... BUT A MINIMUM OF 2 DAYS
to & from
For those flying in from out of town, my first airport of choice is Sacramento – newish airport, affordable flights and usually zero traffic (and hour to Carneros). Second choice is Oakland. In last place SFO – I feel like there are always delays or issues flying in and out of there.
Where to Stay
- Carneros Resort & Spa: Super convenient since it's south in the valley, great restaurants on property along with a great pool that's open 24 hrs, adorable cottages with hotel bikes to use. Also an adult pool with no kids allowed (family pool on property too)
- Hotel Yountville: Remodeled in the last 5 years, lots in walking distance in Yountville, central in the valley.
- Bardessono: LEED certified and very environmentally conscious, heated Japanese toilets in the lobby:), great location in Yountville.
- Meadowood: Very private, spacious (feels like adult summer camp:)), 3 star Michelin restaurant.
Where to Eat and Drink
- Oxbow Market: I love the tacos at C Casa and the chocolate malt ice cream at Three Twins Ice Cream (think smaller Ferry Building)
- Morimoto: I always order the spicy king crab, tempura calamari salad and the rock shrimp tempura
- Boon Fly Cafe: Do yourself a favor and order the donuts no matter what!
- Press: My favorite restaurant in Napa (St. Helena). Don’t miss the truffle mac & cheese or the chocolate soufflé for dessert.
- Cook: Cute spot for a tasty burger and/or fresh homemade pastas.
- Market: All American restaurant that’s great for lunch or dinner, right on Main St. in St. Helena.
- Bistro Jeanty: Adorable little French bistro.
- Bottega: Always packed and a great scene. Have drinks on the patio before or after your meal. Reservations a must!
What to Do
- Wine taste: The Good Eater - my blog! Has my favorite wineries
- Spas, spas, spas: Meadowood recently won the "Best New Spa & Wellness Property"
- Bike rides: Napa Valley Bike Tours
- Only go to wineries that require reservations...avoid the touristy madness (see winery suggestions above).
- Have lunch at Auberge du Soleil for the best view and a fraction of the price of staying there (the bar/bistro is for walk-ins only).
- Locals should check in with resorts to see what local discounts they offer (sometimes certain days are discounted to locals during certain times of the year).
- If you are looking for a special, one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry, Patina in St Helena has fabulous estate jewelry.