Did you know Amman is the largest US and British Embassies in the world?
- More about your oliver guide: Lindsi Bradbury
- Trip type: Adult, Family, City
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: 2-3 days
to & from
We flew from Istanbul to Amman on Royal Jordanian Air Business- this gives you access to fast track.
- We hired a driver and van for our whole trip recommended from our friends at the British Embassy
Where to Stay
W Hotel- The Wow Suite. It was recommended to stay there, as it has the best Friday Brunch- (the days of rest are Friday and Saturday).
Where to Eat and Drink
- Rainbow Street- is a must
- Al-Quds, best Falafel in Amman and always a line at the window for takeaway
- Mesh for Brunch at W
What to Do
Amman Citadel- get lost and explore!
- Roman Theater
- Rainbow street
- Go for a hammam (Turkish baths)
Uber worked and was super easy to get around using this and very inexpensive.
Don’t bring binoculars, these are considered military surveillance equipment, they were in my husbands checked baggage, we waited an hour, and thankfully because of fast track manager, he helped us to get our luggage out, or I fear we would have been there for another day waiting.
What to Pack
Cotes rain coat, harrow jacket, scarf.