Put the kids in ski school and make a 2pm reservation at Cloud 9. You will not be disappointed!
- More about your oliver guide: Matt Nemer
- Trip type: Family, Mountains
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: GREAT FOR A 3 DAY WEEKEND OR A MONTH LONG STAY
to & from
Fly direct into Aspen Airport on United. From baggage claim to the slopes in 10 minutes! No need to rent a car, Apsen has a great bus system.
Where to Stay
- The Jerome (classic luxury)
- Little Nell (new luxury, on the mountain)
- Ritz Carlton Club Aspen Highlands (privately owned residences, book through VRBO or AiBNB)
- Aspen Square Condominiums (great value right across from the Nell).
Where to Eat and Drink
Eat at the bar with Jimmy, or in the upstairs lounge.
- Matsuhisa (aka Nobu)
- Cache Cache (big night out)
- Grey Lady (east coast seafood)
- Jimmy's (best Margaritas)
- Justice Snow (bespoke cocktails)
- White House Tavern (lunch)
- Steakhouse No. 316
- Casa Tua (sneak into the private club upstairs!)
- Caribou Club (private club)
- CP Burger (great for kids)
- Ajax Tavern (Apres)
- J-Bar (Burgers and beer)
- Campo De Fiori
What to Do
- Ski at 4 mountains on one lift ticket.
- Hike the bowl at Highlands.
- Snowcat skiing with Aspen Powder Tours.
- Put the kids in ski school and have an adult lunch at Cloud 9 (book the 2:00 reservation and dance on the table).
- Hike the Maroon Bells.
- Drive up Independence Pass to the Continental Divide.
- Gold medal fly fishing on the Frying Pan River near Basalt.
- Take the Silver Queen Gondola to the top of Aspen for live music and games.
- Snowmass Rodeo (44th year!)
- Bike to Woody Creek Tavern for lunch (take the bus back).
- Summer events - Food & Wine, 4th of JulyParade, Aspen Ideas Festival.
- Music at the Belly Up
- Aspen Recreation Center (climbing wall, swimming, hockey rink)
- Aspen Art Museum
- World class shopping
- Matsuhisa - eat at the bar with Jimmy, or in the upstairs lounge.
- Aspen Highlands doesn't have lift lines.
- Caribou Club is private club but your concierge can get you a dinner reservation or 1 week membership.
Hickory House BBQ