Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo is a great place for a romantic getaway or a fabulous place to take the kids for some fun in the sun.
- More about your oliver guide: Megan Shoflick
- Trip type: Adult, Family, Group getaway, Solo, Beach
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: A long weekend - a week
Where to Stay
Lots of great hotels!
These are the higher end hotels, plenty of other great options as well! Note, a lot of the beaches in Cabo are not swimmable because of a very dangerous under-toe, also some of the beaches are rocky and not great for playing on. If you care about being on the beach and swimming in the ocean, definitely make sure to look into what the conditions are at the hotels you are looking at.
- Las Ventanas - Beautiful hotel! In the past few years they have made it more family friendly, but it is definitely a quieter, upscale hotel. Can be on the beach, but not in the water.
- Esperanza - Great hotel for adults for sure! Condos and hotel rooms are available. There is a kid pool and plenty of kids around, but it is an high end hotel. Beach is small and rocky, but beautiful!
- The Palmilla, - Beautiful grounds and great hotel. Good for adults and kids. Have a separate kid pool. Small beach, but not too rocky.
- The Cape - Hip, cool upscale hotel, not suited for kids
- Pedregal - Beautiful Hotel. Beautiful view, but can not go on the beach or in the ocean.
- Chileno Bay - New wonderful high end hotel right next to The Esperanza.
- Hacienda Beach Club - Condos instead of hotel rooms. Great for families! On the best stretch of beach in Cabo where you can swim and do all the water activities.
Where to Eat and Drink
- Flora Farms - A drive, but well worth it! Amazing farm to table - you are literally on the farm and would never believe you are in Mexico. Few nice shops on the property as well
- Right by Flora Farms is a similar concept called Acre - great farm to table as well.
- Edith’s - Amazing atmosphere and food. A Cabo favorite! Hard to get in, so make reservation in advance.
- Sur - New seafood restaurant on Medano Beach overlooking the ocean. Toro - A Richard Sandoval restaurant. Cool hip place, great food.
- Manta - In the Cape hotel. Very sleek and cool, delicious food
- Nick San - Good sushi. There are two locations - one at the Palmilla, one in Cabo.
- The Office - Low key Mexican restaurant with table literally in the sand. A Cabo establishment.
- All the hotels mentioned above have great restaurants in them as well!
What to Do
- On Medano beach you can rent jet skis, boats to go snorkling, go tubing or on a banana boat, parasailing, or go on the Tarzan boat - a platform with all kinds of trampolines, rope swings, slides, etc.
- There is good deep sea fishing in the area.
- You can go horse back riding, go ATVing and swim with dolphins
- There are zip lines in San Jose Del Cabo that are great fun!