About the Pyramids- Aliens? Time Travelers? Magic?? …. Aliens or time travelers for sure! Ha ha.
- More about your oliver guide: Lindsi Bradbury
- Trip type: Adult, Family, City, Desert
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: 3-4 days
to & from
Egypt Air Luxor to Cairo
- Four Season’s arranged Mercedes Van RT Airport Tranfer
Where to Stay
Four Season’s Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza – Nile Suite and 1 delux room attached.
- We chose our hotel due to it's restaurant --Restaurant 8!! Amazing Chinese cuisine with views of the Nile.
Where to Eat and Drink
- Restaurant 8 in the Four Seasons Nile Plaza: Order the Xiao Long Bao, the dumplings, cucumber XO sauce, Sichuan style prawns, sizzling beef, La Zi Ji, Gong Bao Ji Ding…
- ZOOBA – Egyptian Street Food – I think we ordered the whole menu!!
What to Do
- Visit Giza Necropolis for the Pyramids of Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure. We were able to get entrance tickets to enter the Great Pyramid. Be warned, it is not for the claustrophobic. It is straight up in very dark conditions, not for everyone, but we were very impressed to have been able to go up the oldest man made (or some say alien??) built structure.
- Take a camel ride for a great family photo with the pyramids in the back ground
- Visit the Sphinx
- The Egyptian Museum – to see King Tuts artifacts from his tomb in Luxor
- Shop Khan el-Khalili – the Large Bazaar
Our tour company was Spring Tours .
Always carry Egyptian Pounds, especially if you want to go in and up the Pyramids and have a camel ride.
We skip factory tours, and when you are on a private tour, please just do what you feel is best for you and your family.
What to Pack
light head scarf, came in handy when a small dust storm hit us and also for Woman while visiting the Mosque.
- Cotes of London Wind Breaker, for the dust storm