Cote d’Azur, France
If you want a small taste of the French Riviera, this is an easy stop from Nice.
- More about your oliver guide: Kimberly Walsh
- Trip type: Adult, Beach
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: 3 days to forever
to & from
Nice Cote d’Azur Airport
- We rented a car with navigation but hotels can provide car service to/from airport
Where to Stay
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat: Stay at the Royal Riviera Hotel. A beautiful, old world hotel updated with all the modern boutique hotel conveniences. Ask for a sea/garden view room – especially one with it’s own small balcony. The restaurant, bar and pool are wonderful. We wished breakfast on the expansive veranda could last all day. The private beach with lounge chairs, umbrellas and waiter service is small and lovely (private beaches aren’t easy to come by). Concierge took care of every question/need we had. Spa is small (Four Seasons is another spa option). Easy walk to town of Beaulieu-sur-Mer or to tip of Cap.
Where to Eat and Drink
- Royal Riviera Hotel – good for breakfast, lunch (at the Jasmin Grill overlooking the Baie des Fourmis) and dinner (La Table du Royal)
- African Queen – The lunch spot in town of Beaulieu-sur-Mer for people-watching the guests and crews of the yachts stopping in port.
- Paloma Beach – For a romantic dinner of fresh fish with tables on the beach overlooking the water.
- La Chevre d’Or or Les Remparts – get behind the secret walls in Eze for the best view of the Mediterranean.
- La Cap and La Veranda at the Grand Hotel Four Seasons.
What to Do
Walk or jog some or all of the Cap Ferrat Trail which is 6.1 km. Views of the Mediterranean and amazing houses hidden behind trees.
- Spa at the Grand Hotel Four Seasons
- Villa de Rothschild
- Villa Kerylos
- Drive to town of Eze either early or evening (tour buses invade most of the day so try to go off hours) - make reservations at one of the restaurants at La Chevre d'Or to escape the crowds
The stunning towns seem endless as you travel the French Riviera. A new one at each turn with views to match. This is just one stop but one I would happily return to again and again.
What to Pack
You can dress to the nines for an evening out but there is also an air of simple beach elegance that makes for a relaxing vacation.
Take your list of French pharmacy beauty products and stock up!
To add a suggestion login or join