Grand Canyon, Sedona and Las Vegas
Take the Broken Arrow Pink Jeep tour at sunset. It’s a rugged outdoor off-road adventure to some beautiful parts of Coconino National Forest. This is truly some of the most beautiful land I have ever seen!
- More about your oliver guide: Laura Page
- Trip type: Family, City, Mountains
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: Two full days in each location
to & from
Fly into Las Vegas or Phoenix and rent a car and drive to the Grand Canyon and then Sedona. Fly home out of Phoenix or Las Vegas (drive a loop).
- El Tovar at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon is a 100+ year old lodge. It's VERY rustic and feels like you've stepped back in time to the old Frontier. This is the nicest place to stay inside the park and it's located right on the South Rim, but there is nothing luxurious about it. Great for location, stunning Grand Canyon views and convenient Rim Trail walking.
- The luxurious Enchantment Resort in Sedona. The views from this spot are magical!
- The Bellagio in Las Vegas is a large, but upscale hotel with all the bells and whistles. The location is central and great for people watching. This is not the hotel for you if you would like a smaller boutique hotel.
eat and drink
- Grand Canyon: At El Tovar, the Prickly Pear Margarita and the Filet Mignon are super yummy.
- Las Vegas: Don't miss SUGARCANE in The Venetian's Restaurant Row. Try the Passionfruit Mojitos, Blue Fin Tuna Tartar Crudo, Goat Cheese Croquettes and the Duck and Waffles!
- Grand Canyon: The highlight was the Canyon Spirit helicopter ride with Maverick into the Grand Canyon. The tour leaves from the South Rim/Grand Canyon Airport for a 50-minute thrilling ride into the canyon where you can see places not visible from the South Rim. Also if you have time, take the 2-hour Rim mule ride, not to be confused with 2-day the mule ride "into" the canyon to spend the night. Promises gorgeous views of the canyon!
- Sedona: Take the Broken Arrow Pink Jeep tour at sunset. It's a rugged outdoor off-road adventure to some beautiful parts of Coconino National Forest.This is truly some of the most beautiful land I have ever seen!
- Las Vegas: Go see Cirque du Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio. It won't dissappoint. Also the Jabbawockeez dance show at MGM is a must. Take the kids to the Shark Reef Aquarium at the Mandalay Bay.
- In Las Vegas, if going to see “O” skip sitting in the first 5 rows. Book seats in rows 5-12 where the view of the full stage is best.
- In Sedona, the best sightseeing tour is Broken Arrow with Pink Jeep. Don’t be swayed by other outfitters and/or tours. Bring lots of cold water, good walking shoes, sunscreen and a camera!
- Try the Signature Stone massage at Mii Amo Spa for some relaxation and rejuvenation after a busy day of sightseeing. You deserve it!