Hamptons, New York (Amanda Freeman)
South Hampton, East Hampton, Sag Harbor and Amagansett all have their own personalities... spend an hour or three (window) shopping in each town.
- More about your oliver guide: Amanda Freeman
- Trip type: Adult, Family, Group getaway, Beach
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: WEEKENDS ALL YEAR, SUMMER SEASON
to & from
- Drive or rent your own car (you will likely want one)
- Take the Jitney (bus)
- Take the train
- Take a sea plane
- Take a Blade helicoper
Where to Stay
Where to Eat and Drink
- The Palm in East Hampton (Main: chicken parm, lobster or steak. Apps: the Monday Night Salad or the Gigi Salad)
- Suki Zuki in Watermill (sushi!!! the tuna sandwich and the chicken salad)
- Duryea's in Montauk (lobster salad, corn)
- Pop Up Restaurant, Eleven Madison Square Park (E.M.P. Summer House) in East Hampton (pizza, salads, drinks late night)
- Surf Lodge in Montauk (live music and drinks)
- Sunset Beach on Shelter Island (European-style drinks and food)
What to Do
- SHOP... South Hampton, East Hampton, Sag Harbor and Amagansett all have their own personalities... spend an hour or three (window) shopping in each town.
- Amagansett Square - charming shops, coffee shop and grassy area for kids to play while you shop!
- Poupette St. Barth, Milly, Calypso, Zimmermann, Figue (East Hampton)
- Matta, BookHampton, Collette, Jayson Home (Sag Harbor)
- Surf Lodge boutique (Montauk)
- Sunset Beach boutique (Shelter Island)
- Farmers markets...so many! (Fairview Farms in Water Mill - the best Challah ever)
- For Rainy Days... The Children's Museum of the East End in Bridgehampton
- Drum Circle in Sagaponack on the beach on Monday nights, gets crowded, but worth going once!
- SLT in Southampton and East Hampton (cardio+pilates studio)
- You need a beach permit to park at most beaches from Memorial Day - Labor Day.
- Traffic can be terrible, avoid the main road and take the side roads when possible.
- The earlier you go to Surf Lodge, the more likely you are to get in and not have to wait in line.
- Rent a boat for a few hours from Global Boarding, so much fun!