Joshua Tree, California
Didn’t have enough time to find anything that wasn’t worth it!
- More about your oliver guide: Rob Steiner
- Trip type: Family, Desert, Mountains
- Activity level: high
- Ideal length of trip: A DAY TRIP FROM PALM SPRINGS, OR 2-3 DAYS IF CAMPING IN PARK
to & from
Take your most comfortable vehicle from home…easily accessible from LA, Orange County, Phoenix and San Diego or fly to Palm Springs and drive an hour into Joshua Tree National Park. I recommend entering through the West Gate and exiting through Cottonwood Gate to see the diversity of the entire region.n
Where to Stay
Camp! Plenty different campgrounds and choice spots to choose from. First come, first serve.
Where to Eat and Drink
BYO Food. Camp style. Whatever you can fit in your Yeti….
What to Do
- Hike, explore, boulder, explore canyons and mountain climb.
- Must try: Ryan Peak Trail (3 miles and 3,000 feet round trip), Hall of Horrors, Skull Rock and Cholla Garden
Try to arrive early, snag a campground and tag with your registration permit. Then take the car and explore all the different hiking trails and interesting rock features.