Paris, France (Kara Schwabauer)
We ended up buying my son a scooter on the first day in London and he used it everywhere... Many kids his age and older are on scooters, so we felt a little bit like a local.
- More about your oliver guide: Kara Schwabauer
- Trip type: Family, City
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: 4-5 Days
to & from
Chunnel from London, travel first class. We traveled with our 3 1/2 year old son and 18 month old daughter.
We stayed in the Vendome area, perfect location!
eat and drink
- Le Relais de l’Entrecôte-various locations, best steak and frites, ever! Although it has become more popular and now they have locations in the US, it's still a real treat! Go for a late lunch, order a bottle or red wine and request a table by the window, oh so Paris!
- Bistrot Vivienne-cozy little Fresh bistro. The owner is great, don't miss the duck foie gras.
- Chez Flottes-we brought the kids, great food and service, we all enjoyed the cheese plate.
- Ladurée-a can't miss, we stopped by one at least once a day to keep the little ones happy!
- Yannick Martin Gustative Corner-beautiful, but small, bakery with amazing bread and sweets. Seemed to be a local favorite, many school aged children stopped by in the morning.
- The Bar at Hotel Costes-beautiful people, beautiful waitresses, and they are SO young!
- With small kids we didn't over plan, one thing a day.
- Bateaux Parisiens for a boat tour, sit up top, open deck. Great views of the city, loved seeing the different angles of Notre Dame. Didn't hurt that it was a perfect spring day without a cloud in the sky.
- Walk around the Louvre, didn't want to venture in with little kids, but they had a great time running around the pyramid.
- We rode the carousel at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, kids loved it, my husband and I were dizzy and happy to skip going up the Eiffel Tower with little kids.
- Rodin Museum, small museum with beautiful gardens, don't miss the Gates of Hell.
- Marmottan, small museum in a cute neighborhood. It is all of Monet's personal artwork.
- Notre Dame-easy to do a quick walk through with kids if you don't stop and read everything. My son loved lighting a candle. So much history in the process of building it.
- Jardin du Luxembourg-beautiful for a nice walk, but even better with little ones, the playground is amazing! My kids didn't want to leave.
- Check out thefork.com.
- UBER everywhere!
- Speak French as much as possible, if you it's only hello and thank you, the French do appreciate it.
- When traveling with kids, get a babysitter!