Petra , Jordan
- More about your oliver guide: Lindsi Bradbury
- Trip type: Adult, Family, Solo, Desert, Mountains
- Activity level: high
- Ideal length of trip: A night with two days.
to & from
We had a private transfer during our week long stay in Jordan. We left early in the morning from Wadi Rum, I believe it was a 3-4 hr drive.
Where to Stay
We stayed at the Movenpick Petra, it is located directly at the entrance to the historic Jordanian city of Petra
Where to Eat and Drink
- We ate mainly in the hotel, but did stop at the Cave bar for the coldest most refreshing beer after our trek into and out of Petra.
- Petra Night Restaurant – delicious local food and mezze.
What to Do
At the entrance of Petra, you will be introduced to your guide, take your IDENTIFICATION- as you need this to enter the historic Petra. The boys took a horse ride, while we walked, and then they both decided to take a mule ride above the canyon of Petra, my husband and I walked through the canyon. I recommend to take the mule ride into Petra as you walk back out of the canyon. We met at the Treasury and continued on towards the Monastery. Our guide took us up a trail, which provided a great view of this part of Petra.
All of the guides or mule and horse rides could be paid in USD, so take plenty of dollars. Most of the places do not take Amex, so have your visa or Mastercard ready to go.