Porto Ercole, Italy
- More about your oliver guide: Polly Bade
- Trip type: Adult, Group getaway, Beach
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: 3 -4 days
to & from
“Leonardo da Vinci” Rome Fiumicino airport: 150 km
“Roma Ciampino” airport: 160 km
“Galileo Galilei” Pisa airport: 205 km
“Amerigo Vespucci” Florence airport: 200 km2 hours by car from Rome and Florence on the Tuscan coast.
By Car: 2-2.5 hours from Rome and Florence.
Where to Stay
Hotel Il Pellicano
Where to Eat and Drink
Don’t miss the club sandwich and chips at Il Pellicano. Along with the The ISSIMO cocktail.
What to Do
We loved our daily hikes. Il Pellicano is surrounded by the natural beauty of the Monte Argentinio. The hotel also provides e-bikes to do any of the hikes if you don’t want to walk.
- Monte Argentinio walk: This is for advanced hikers who exercise daily. The views are awesome. On one side you over the Tuscan Archipelago, on the other side the Tuscan coast and the Orbetello Lagoon.
- Le Cannelle walk: This was an easy walk. It can be done by anyone reasonably fit. The route follows a gravel road past the Avoltore and Ciana tower with amazing views of the coastline. You pass through vineyards and olive groves before getting to the beach. Bring a backpack with a towel and swimsuit. You can chill on the beach. There is a beach club bar where you can have a snack and a cocktail.
- The hotel has beautiful tennis courts & paddle boards. We enjoyed using both daily. Getting to see the property from the water really gives you a great feel for the area.
- The hotels boutique is absolutely amazing. The fashionista hotel owner Marie-Louise Sciò has personally curated everything. They carry amazing brands such as: Acheval Pampa, Dianora Salviati, Figue, Jil Sander, James Perse, La Double J, Lisa Corti, Pallas Pampa, On the Island, Pellini, Romantic was Born, Vibi Venezia, Lutz Morris, Zimmermann, Armor Lux, Riviera, Boglioli, Fedeli, Tesi cappelli, Rianna+Nina.
I suggest going May and late September/early October to avoid crowds. The hotel is a slice of a heaven you really hole up and not leave besides your am exercise outing.
What to Pack
We are wore swimsuits and covers up during the day and dressy clothes for dinner. I suggest packing layers depending on what time of year you go.