San Luis Obispo, California
The hiking, the wineries, the people, this city is bursting from the seams with everything we love.
- More about your oliver guide: Bailey Alvarado
- Trip type: Adult, Family, Group getaway, Solo, Beach, City
- Activity level: high
- Ideal length of trip: You can certainly make this a weekend getaway! If you have a week even better.
to & from
Traveling by car right now is everyone’s safest bet, however there is a local airport and San Jose Airport will be your closest international airport.
Where to Stay
My favorite Hotels in Slo are as follows:
- Hotel Granada – My absolute favorite. The rooms are small but so thoughtfully designed and curated. Ask for the Granada queen for a bit more space and a fireplace. Do not skip on their restaurant and ensure you have a glass on the upstairs balcony.
- Hotel Slo – Modern yet charming with a pool and killer restaurant to boot.
- San Luis Creek Lodge – The decor speaks to me. Nina Freudenberger did an incredible job. Dog friendly.
- SloBrew Lofts – I love how spacious and fun this space is.
- The Butler Hotel – Effortlessly chic!
Where to Eat and Drink
The below eateries are can’t miss from coffee to dinner, Slo has you covered. Don’t forget the wine!
- High Street Deli (Live for these sandwiches, order ahead. There is always a line)
- Firestone Grill
- Brasserie Slo
- Granada Bistro
- Ox + Anchor
- Flour House
- Woodstock Pizza
- Novo Restaurant
- Biddle Ranch (My absolute favorite winery – seriously, I’d live here)
- Malene Winery
- Baileyana Winery
- Sidecar Cocktail Company (Great spot for dinner as well)
- Central Coast Brewing
What to Do
Highly recommend getting out and enjoying some blue sky and sunshine! Jump on a cruiser and explore downtown, hike the plethora of trails, and don’t forget to taste wine at some of the sweetest (not in flavor) wineries we’ve ever seen.
- Shop Downtown Slo - My personal favorite is Len Collective
- Bishop Peak Trail
- Harmony Hills Trail
- Old Port Beach (Dog Friendly)
- Pismo Beach
- Cayucos State Beach
- Morro Bay Strand
- Moonstone Beach
Although I’m a proud CU Buffalo, I often got mistaken for a Mustang as I spent countless weekends in SLO in college, I truly could not get enough of everything SLO had to offer. This special place has always been a favorite of mine, and I continue to discover new treasures every time we visit. The hiking, the wineries, the people, this city is bursting from the seams with everything we love.
What to Pack
The perfect cool weather wine tasting outfit:
Hike in style:
- Janessa Leon Ross Hat
- Levis Ribcage Jeans
- Vans Old School Platform Sneakers
- Veronica Beard Plaid Coat
- Adidas Terrex Hiking Shoes
- Beyond Yoga Spacedye Set
- Camelbak hiking pack