- More about your oliver guide: Courtney Murphy
- Trip type: Family, Group getaway, Beach
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: 1 WEEK
to & from
Fly direct to Puerto Vallarta and car service to Sayulita.
Where to Stay
Book a house through SayulitaLife. I recommend all of these and there are many more to choose from:
- Buton y frijole
Where to Eat and Drink
- Don Pedro
- Sayulita Cafe: Yum. Enchiladas, molecate, mango margaritas
- Northside Cafe: Breakfast
- Chocobanana: Breakfast and smoothies on town square.
- Burrito Revolucion!
- Mar Plata: Great food in San Pancho- the town just North. If you go on a Saturday you can catch the polo match just before.
What to Do
- Revolucion del Sueno!
- Pachamama -must have black pearl jewelry, caftans, dream catchers, leather bags
- Also these are the original gypset ladies! They are fabulous and their story is even more so!
- Yoga: MexiFit! (Palapa just above town overlooking ocean)
- Zip lining and horseback riding: Mi Chaparrita 329-291-3112
- Turtle Camp: Check the beach at 6:30 PM every evening next to Las Hamacas compound for turtle release.
- Surf: Lunazul surf shop & lessons
- Most houses include a gold cart rental but if not, book it in advance! Contact Roy at email@example.com.
- Babysitter: Sayulita Childcare: 917-748-0977
- No high heels! The streets are mostly cobblestone and even a wedge is a little dressy and difficult to navigate on the bumpy streets of this laid back beach town.
- Summer is rainy and humid and Easter weeks is busy (read: AVOID)! Best months November through May.