- More about your oliver guide: Matt Domich
- Trip type: Adult, Family, Group getaway, Solo, City, Desert
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: Two to five days
to & from
Scottsdale is spread out– a car is nice to have but Uber is accessible.
Where to Stay
- Hotel Valley HO and The Andaz are great for adults/business travelers. Both have a lot of character.
- With children I would probably stay at the Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch for the water park and nearby attractions. Westin Kierland has also been recommended for families.
Where to Eat and Drink
- Favorite Mexican is the Mission in Old Town and Taco Blanco (casual)
- For sushi-Sushi Roku
- Steakhouse-Steak 44
- Hotel restaurant: Weft and Warp at the Andaz
- Pizzeria Blanco for Pizza. The Town and Country location is much easier to get into.
- El Charro in Paradise Valley – A little old-school with relish served with dinner and sticky buns as a “side”. Fabulous views on the patio
- The Rusty Spur Saloon – for drinking!
What to Do
Camelback Mountain. There are two main trails. They are very different and active people can do both.
Pinnacle Peak. Get there early. It has nice desert views to the North.
The Camby, where I also stay a lot, has bikes at the valet to ride. The canal that runs from Old Town through central Phoenix is a great trail to use. They have yellow bikes available for rent across town with an app. You can grab a bike and go.