The Demun area is a family’s one stop shop and having a picnic blanket always makes things more chic!
- More about your oliver guide: Polly Bade
- Trip type: Family, City
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: Weekend
to & from
From any major city fly into St Louis Lambert. Southwest has the most direct flights.
eat and drink
- Graces Meat + Three: new and very kid friendly.
- Truffles: Excellent cuisine and wine list. Lively upscale bar with live music on some nights.
- Annie Gunn's & Smokehouse: fantastic restaurant with butcher/country store attached.
- Sugarfire Smokehouse BBQ: in demand bbq ribs, brisket and so forth. Always a line out the door.
- Vicia: for lunch or dinner (dinner is not really kid friendly)
- Pastaria: Kid friendly, great pizza, pasta, salads. From the same owner, try Sardella, Brasserie and Taste.
- Nixta: Upscale Mexican cuisine. Named by Bon Apetit magazine within top 50 of new restaurants in America.
- Bar Les Freres: French, beautifully decorated, inviting ambiance and good food to boot. I Frattelini and Billie Jean across the street and under the same ownership.
- Union Loafers: Kid friendly, in house made breads, sandwiches, pizza, salads alongside a retail counter for takeaway.
- Cardinals game at Busch Stadium.
- The Arch and Western Expansion Museum.
- The City Museum & The Magic House are great for kids
- The Zoo in Forest Park is world class and FREE.
- Forest Park in general is great for bike riding, golfing, summer theater, paddle boating and exploring.
- The St. Louis Art Museum is top notch and free to the public.
- Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Anheuser-Busch Master Brewers Tour
The Demun area is a family’s one stop shop and having a picnic blanket always makes things more chic! There is Kaldi’s coffee, Clementines ice cream, Seedz vegan food, Oyster bar’s shellfish, Sasha’s wine, How Sweet Is This candy shop, a gated playground and street parking. All within 4 blocks.