St. Tropez, France
“My absolute favorite lunch - Le Club 55. Book in advance - the quintessential summer French beach club lunch experience. Every bit casual and elegant at the same time.”
- More about your oliver guide: Nadine Curtis
- Trip type: Adult, Solo, Beach
- Activity level: easy
- Ideal length of trip: 7 nights in St. Tropez (+ 3 in Paris if you can swing it.)
to & from
From San Francisco, fly to Paris (AIR FRANCE) and stay a few nights in the city of lights before heading south. Then fly from Orly direct to Nice. Once you are in the Cote D’azur, easiest way to get to St. Tropez is by helicopter. The most beautiful ride over the shoreline right to the beach if your timing is right (I think they prohibit flying mid-day because of noise in the daytime).
Where to Stay
My gracious host rents an apartment near the port. Great walking location to all of the excitement of town. The beach clubs are a good 15 minutes drive south so it’s nice to have a car rented.
Where to Eat and Drink
- Caprice des Deux is elegantly hidden on a charming side street out of the mix of the port area. Every dish comes with delicate truffle shavings - to die for!
- Don't miss raw oysters and rose served in the street square next to the fish market and my favorite place to find a cappuccino to go.
- My absolute favorite lunch - Le Club 55. Book in advance - the quintessential summer French beach club lunch experience. Every bit casual and elegant at the same time.
- White 1921 for cocktails (also a small beautiful hotel)
- Le Bar de Sube - evening drinks looking over the port
- VIP Room
What to Do
- Tuesday and Saturdays the main square in St. Tropez fills up with a flea market equivalent to my heaven on earth. Shop for vintage Vuitton luggage, summer dresses, spices, cheese, and so much more.
- Be sure to walk to the graveyard along the water - absolutely gorgeous.
- Shop Coconut - darling shop owned and operated by the local designer.
- Cabane Bamboo - fav beachclub
- NIKKI BEACH - sorry but not for me.