Take a dip at iconic Icebergs pool on Bondi Beach.
- More about your oliver guide: Alex Jennings
- Trip type: Family, City
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: 5-6 nights
to & from
- San Francisco direct to Sydney on Qantas. The service was lovely on Qantas and the flight attendants were so nice to our girls - they got to sit in the cockpit with the pilots after we landed. Believe or not that 14 hours went by pretty fast.
- We Uber'd all over Sydney, its very easy to get an Uber or take a taxi. The ferries in Sydney are also an efficient way to get to all of the beaches and fun things to do.
Where to Stay
In Sydney we stayed at the Four Seasons, which is in a very convenient location near the ferries in Circular Quay. Make sure to book a room with a view of the Opera House! The concierge was incredibly helpful in booking our restaurants, tours and activities.
Where to Eat and Drink
In Sydney make sure you have reservations when eating out at the nicer places. There were not many kids at these restaurants but if your children or older and/or well behaved they will be fine! Our favorites:
What to Do
- Day trip to the Blue Mountains with a stop at the Koala Sanctuary. The tram ride and the "World's Steepest Railway" are really fun.
- Private Surf Lessons on Manly Beach (recommended over group lessons). Manly beach is less touristy and nicer than Bondi.
- Take a dip at iconic Icebergs pool on Bondi Beach.
- Beautiful coastal walk from Bondi to Bronte Beach (or go all the way to Coogee Beach).
- Visit the Toronga Zoo (I know its a zoo but its amazing!) Visit on your first full day, its a great way to keep the kids engaged without feeling jet lagged.
- Do the short coastal walk from Manly to Shelly Beach and have lunch at the Boathouse
- The Rocks area is very touristy, only go there if you're getting a drink at the Park Hyatt.
- We skipped the Harbour bridge climb, with kids they go very very slowly.
- The Darling Harbour area is quite touristy (think Fisherman's Wharf in SF).
- Unless you have 7+ days skip a visit to Watsons Bay (although the ferry ride is lovely).
- We always book Four Seasons though my travel agent mother-in-law for upgrades and breakfast included: Karen Jennings- email@example.com