We arrived on the Seattle Clipper which was a beautiful morning ride from downtown Seattle through the Puget Sound.
- More about your oliver guide: Megan Escher
- Trip type: Family, Beach, City, Mountains
- Activity level: moderate
- Ideal length of trip: 1- 5 days
to & from
We arrived on the Seattle Clipper which was a beautiful morning ride from downtown Seattle through the Puget Sound. You can “do” Victoria, the town, in 24-48 hours. Downtown is VERY touristy – would suggest an outside stroll of the House of Parliament and a spin through the Royal British Columbia Museum and then head to Beacon Hill Park for the afternoon. There are some talented people developing organic farms and agriturismo style lodging outside the City. Had we had more time I would have love to explore more of the Island.
- Hotel Zed “updated” motel on a main blvd. They have a two story water slide, ping pong, longboard skateboards, bikes, a tasty cafe and a refurbished vintage VW bus as a shuttle to downtown. It was PERFECT for our quick stay.
eat and drink
- OLO Best meal of the year. Our son said it was so good they should change the name to #YOLO
- Nourish Kitchen
- Be Love
- Royal British Columbia Museum –with cool IMAX options
BC Transit : Use this bus system. The day pass is $5.00 per person. We zipped all around and the children navigated us around town for a fraction of the cost of a taxi or car.