Pack your bags! Our only warning...You may just want to move here permanently!
- More about your oliver guide: Bailey Alvarado
- Trip type: Adult, Family, Group getaway, Solo, Mountains
- Activity level: high
- Ideal length of trip: I'd highly recommend a week or more!
to & from
Kalispell airport is small and easy to fly in and out of. Depending on the season you can find a direct flight from SFO or LAX but during the winter months, you can expect a stop in Seattle and a small plane for the second haul of the trip. Kalispell is about 20 minutes from downtown Whitefish.
Where to Stay
There are plenty of options via airbnb and VRBO but if you are looking for a longer-term rental I recommend working with Whitefish Escapes, they are lovely! As for hotel options you’ve got quite a few that hit the top of my list. I have yet to explore ROAM or Snow Bear but let me tell you, they are on my wish list.
- The Firebrand Hotel
- The Lodge at Whitefish Lake
- The Farmhouse Inn & Kitchen
- ROAM Beyond
- Snow Bear Chalets
Where to Eat and Drink
There is no shortage of great coffee, delicious greasy spoons, fantastic dinner spots, sweet treats, and unique watering holes throughout Whitefish. Listed below are just a few of my favorites.
Brunch & Lunch:
- Abruzzo Italian Kitchen
- Craggy Range Sports Bar & Grill
- Latitude 48
- Piggyback BBQ
- The Boat Club at The Lodge
- The Firebrand Lounge
- Jersey Boys Pizzeria
What to Do
Outdoor adventure lovers this destination is for you. Alright, I’ll be honest with you I don’t mountain climb or even ski well that for matter but Whitefish keeps you occupied from day to night and truly you just have to step outside. Whitefish is full of outdoor adventures for all ages.
- Boating on Whitefish Lake
- Paddle Board or Kayak Whitefish River
- Have a beach day at Whitefish City Beach
- Hike Glacier National Park
- Golf at Whitefish Lake Golf Club
- Trail Rides
- Dog Sled Tours
- Ski or Snowboard Whitefish Mountain
- Grab a spin class at SobbaCycle
- Shop around downtown - We absolutely adore Mum’s Flower Shop
Do not leave town without trying the cacio e pepe at Abruzzo!
What to Pack
Summer Glacier Adventure Wear
Winter Getup for exploring downtown
- Alo Leggings - HIGH-WAIST SHINE LEGGING (Black)
- Arcteryx Jacket - ZETA SL JACKET WOMEN'S (Black)
- Adidas TERREX FREE HIKER PARLEY HIKING SHOES (Cloud White / Crystal White / Solar Gold)
- SAM Taylor Jacket (Caviar)
- Schild Perfect Moment Sweater
- Sorel Caribou Boots (Black)
- Illesteva Lisbon Glasses (Black)
- Madewell 10" High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Berkeley Black: Button-Through Edition
Want a curated vacation just for you? Contact Bailey directly 🙂
To add a suggestion login or join